The Greek Comparative & International Education Society is a scientific association and a counterpart of corresponding Societies at international and European level. It was founded on December 23rd 1991 in Athens.
The Society primarily aims at:
- promoting Comparative Education and Education Sciences in general
- stimulating and promoting Comparative and International Education research
- studying and scientifically analysing educational problems in Greece, as well as examining international educational experience and research findings for the development of educational policy proposals in Greece
- collaborating with other Comparative Education Societies across the world in order to further international action in this field
- organising conferences and meetings in the field of International and Comparative Education research for educators and others interested in the field